Unmanned Aerial Vehicles have historically been primarily a military tool, however, it has now evolved into other innovative areas such as surveillance, infrastructure inspection, and package delivery with important tasks, such as remote sensing via aerial photography, digital elevation modelling.
Calian GNSS manufactures high performance, light weight, small, multi-constellation and multi-frequency patented antennas that are ideally suited for both fixed and rotary winged vehicles.
Calian’s range of precision housed and embedded GNSS antennas are designed for UAVs and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) that integrate with inertial navigation systems, where low weight, small size and low power are absolute requirements. Our technology incorporates Calian’s dual feed Accutenna technology which provides a circular response over the entire bandwidth, resulting in excellent cross polarization rejection and superior multi-path signal rejection. The net result is highly accurate and precise position estimation. Calian’s helical technology also provides precise positioning in an extremely lightweight form factor.
Key features include:
- Accurate and precise positioning with Calian’s patented antenna technology
- Multi constellation coverage to maximize the number of observations available for position and time estimation (GPS, QZSS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou)
- Multi-signal and multi-band support
- Excellent multi-path rejection for superior performance in high multi-path/reflection environments
- Range of sizes and weights from very light and compact to mid-sized to suit any vehicle
- Embedded versions for use in custom enclosures with custom-tuning available
- Optional pre-filters to enhance out-of-band signal rejection
- Low current antennas to work with battery powered receivers
- Wide voltage range for broad receiver compatibility
- Strong electrostatic discharge immunity