GNSS has significantly altered and improved Maritime operations. GNSS is used as a source of positioning, navigation, and timing data, (PNT) for a broad range of maritime applications. Marine applications also often require GNSS correction services to enable Precise Point Positioning (PPP) services, which are often in the L-band which is broadcast just below the GPS L1 band. GNSS data is used for such applications as Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), autonomous vessels, smart buoys, ocean survey and mapping, timing information for the integrated Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) and Search and Rescue to name but a few. These systems require GNSS antennas that can not only survive the most challenging environmental conditions – high winds, rough seas, temperature extremes, salt and ice but can also operate in difficult RF environments with port infrastructure and other shipping causing signal reflections.
Modern GNSS receivers are capable of tracking multiple constellations (GPS/QZSS/GLONASS /Galileo/BeiDou). Tallysman’s multi constellation and multi frequency technology is necessary to provide the precision that many marine applications require. Tallysman has antennas to satisfy virtually all marine applications requirements.
Key features include:
- Accurate and precise positioning with Tallysman’s patented antenna technology
- Models, which are IP69k (up to 5,000psi) waterproof
- Multi constellation coverage to maximize the number of observations available for position and time estimation (GPS, QZSS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou)
- Multi-signal and multi-band support
- Iridium-certified antennas providing superior reliability and performance with Accutenna® technology, which provides truly circular response over the entire antenna bandwidth
- Excellent multi-path rejection for superior performance in high multi-path/reflection environments
- Optional pre-filters to enhance out-of-band signal rejection
- Wide voltage range for broad receiver compatibility
- Embedded versions for use in custom enclosures with custom-tuning available
- Strong electrostatic discharge immunity
- Robust housings with mounting options