Embedded Electronics Designer
Calian®, a Calian Company, is an Ottawa-based producer of products and components used for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
For more than 40 years, Calian has been solving the world’s most complex problems by pairing the brightest minds with powerful technology. Calian solutions impact the world; from the satellites in space that connect us to the farms that feed us, from the medical professionals who care for us to the governments, schools and companies that make the world better every day.
The Embedded Electronics Designer is at the forefront of technological innovation within our Systems team. Collaborating with your Director as well as the team of embedded and web-based software developers, you will be the driving force behind the development of cutting-edge features across hardware system platforms. Your expertise will be instrumental in translating design concepts into tangible schematics using Altium Designer. You will conduct in-depth component research, capture operational logs for performance analysis, develop automated tests for production, and define essential system configuration tool suites.
- Utilize your skills in schematic capture using Altium Designer to create and advance product iterations, translating design concepts into tangible schematics
- Research components to support new system features
- Develop new feature capabilities on a variety of hardware system platforms
- Capture operational logs for performance analysis
- Develop automated tests for production
- Define system configuration tool suites
- Generate and maintain production and operator documentation, test reports and user manuals
- Conduct bench testing using oscilloscope and spectrum analysers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of embedded electronics design experience
- Experience with EDA tools, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Experience with embedded software developer is considered an asset
Why work for Calian?
Calian is a publicly traded company that keeps the world moving forward. We inspire confidence in our customers’ ability to communicate, innovate, learn, and lead safe and healthy lives. This confidence is achieved through synchronized efforts across our organization to provide our customers with solutions in Advanced Technologies, Health, Learning, and IT& Cyber Solutions. This role is part of our corporate team and will work closely with all internal clients who support these business units.
Growth and Innovation
Calian is a technology company with an aggressive growth agenda based on our ability to solve significant and complex problems for our customers. In this role, you will be a key member of the Calian.
We put our people first. We encourage employees to advance their Calian career through professional development and corporate career. Calian is an innovative and growing organization—have your ideas heard by pitching to senior leadership through the Calian Idea Contest!
We lead with trust. We reinforce personal responsibility and accountability. Calian fosters collaboration through open communication and promotes an environment of learning and professional growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
Calian fosters an environment that allows employees to maximize their potential, by nurturing a culture where everyone is valued for their differences.
- Robust company-paid benefits for you and your family starting on your first day. Includes health, dental, vision, employee assistance program (EAP), disability and life insurance for our employees and their dependants. Calian covers the cost of benefit premiums!
- Generous time off package that includes paid sick time, volunteer day, family leave days, and paid shutdown period between December 25 and January 1
- A balanced approach to work and life as we understand the importance of your personal lives
- Stock purchase plan with additional contribution from Calian
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Robust company-paid benefits
- Generous time off package
- A balanced approach to work and life
- Stock purchase plan
- Work from home options
Interested in this position? Apply online at careers.calian.com/