HC860E Embedded Dual-Purpose Dual-Band GNSS + Active Iridium Helical Antenna
GPS/QZSS-L1, GPS/QZSS-L2, GLONASS-G1, GLONASS-G2, Galileo-E1, BeiDou-B1, Iridium
OEM / Embedded
28 dB typ.
35 dB typ.
The patented dual-purpose (GNSS and Iridium signal reception) HC860E embedded helical antenna is designed for precision positioning, covering the GPS/QZSS-L1/L2, GLONASS-G1/G2, Galileo-E1, and BeiDou-B1 frequency bands, including the satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) available in the region of operation [WAAS (NorthAmerica), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan), or GAGAN (India)] and for active Iridium signal reception. The HC860E also supports active Iridium® reception in the 1616.0-1626.5 MHz band.
- Low noise preamp (1.7 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- LNA gain (28 dB typ. | 35dB typ.)
- Low current (15 mA typ. [28 dB] | 21 mA typ. [35 dB])
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.5 to 16 VDC
- REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely light (8 g)
- Ideal for RTK and PPP surveying systems
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
Weighing only 8 g, the light and compact HC860E features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for many applications, including autonomous vehicle navigation (land, sea, and air), handheld land survey devices, automotive positioning, timing and other precise positioning applications
The HC860E features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other nearby in-band cellular signals.
Tallysman provides an optional embedded helical mounting ring (PN: 23-0220-0 for the HC860E), which traps the outer edge of the antenna circuit board to the host circuit board or to any flat surface. Tallysman also provides support for the installation and integration of embedded helical antennas to enable the integrator to achieve a successful installation and obtain optimum antenna performance.
For mounting instructions, visit helical mounting instructions.