HC843E Embedded Active Dual-Band GNSS + Passive Iridium Helical Antenna
GPS/QZSS-L1, GPS/QZSS-L2, GLONASS-G1, GLONASS-G2, Galileo-E1, BeiDou-B1, Iridium
OEM / Embedded
25 dB typ.
The patented HC843E embedded helical antenna is designed for precision positioning within the GPS/QZSS-L1/L2, GLONASS-G1/G2, Galileo-E1, and BeiDou-B1 frequency bands, including the satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) available in the region of operation [WAAS (North America), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan), or GAGAN (India)]. The HC843 also supports communications over voice and data modems on the Iridium® frequency band (1616.0 – 1626.5 MHz).
- Low noise preamp (3.0 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- LNA gain (25 dB typ. | 24 dB min.)
- Low current (23 mA typ. – GNSS | 3.6 mA typ. – Iridium)
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.5 to 16 VDC
- GNSS mode – 2.5 to 5.0 VDC
- Iridium mode – 5.5 to 16 VDC
- REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely lightweight (8 g)
- Ideal for RTK and PPP surveying systems
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
Weighing only 8 g, The the lightweight and compact HC843E features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications, including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The HC843E is switchable between the passive Iridium and the active GNSS antenna: an input voltage lower than 5.5 VDC engages the GNSS antenna, while an input voltage above 5.5 VDC invokes the passive Iridium antenna.
The HC843E features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other nearby in-Band cellular signals.
Tallysman provides an optional embedded helical mounting ring (PN: 23-0220-0 for the HC843E), which traps the outer edge of the antenna circuit board to the host circuit board or to any flat surface. Tallysman also provides support for installation and integration of embedded helical antennas to enable the integrator to achieve a successful installation and obtain optimum antenna performance.
For mounting instructions, visit helical mounting instructions.