Software Development Engineer
Tallymatics is a business unit of Tallysman Wireless, a wholly owned subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company. Tallymatics’ business is hardware and software for tracking applications that range from asset and personnel tracking to vehicle fleet management using GNSS over private and public (cellular) digital radio systems. This includes systems operating over Narrow Band LTE (Cellular) and a variety of two-way radio systems, including Motorola, Kenwood, Tait and Icom.
We are looking for a highly motivated software developer with a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree and a strong interest in developing cloud-based applications. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in developing cloud-based applications using .NET, Angular and Azure technologies. They should be pragmatic, practical, self-sufficient, possess strong analytical skills, be able to adapt to new technologies quickly, have a can-do attitude, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties and Specific Responsibilities
- Design and develop user interfaces using Angular best practices
- Develop APIs and server-side modules to meet application requirements
- Employ new and emerging technologies to improve workflow and scalability
- Balance complexity, execution time, and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Collaborate closely with other team members to ensure business requirements are met
Skills and Capabilities
- strong C# .NET development skills
- experience with the ASP.NET Core web framework
- strong knowledge of Azure development and cloud computing
- experience with Azure services and tools (Azure DevOps, Service Fabric, Cosmos DB)
- experience with managing and querying large datasets
- drive to find best solutions – via innovation, collaboration, and/or use of existing proven to work frameworks/algorithms/patterns
- ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- ability to create and communicate high level designs, then implement them with attention to details
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally, candidates will have minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, with two years experience, which may include co-op work terms.
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.