Tallysman Wireless ®, a subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., is an Ottawa-based producer of products and components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). These include RF and high-performance antennas and intelligent location-based wireless infrastructure solutions for tracking systems. Tallysman products are complex devices that include RF circuits and dense logic and GNSS receiver devices.
We are a rapidly growing company and have an immediate opening for a Shipping Associate to join our team.
Under the direction of the Manager of Warehouse and Logistics, shipping associates support the team in completing the daily activities of the shipping department. Daily activities roll into weekly and month-end targets that the shipping associate will assist in meeting customer schedules and shipping targets.
The position is Full-Time and located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Working in a warehouse setting, the shipping associate will accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner with health and safety in mind at all times. Typical work week of 40 hours Monday to Friday with flexible start times as necessary toward week and month end. Daily work activities will require using common warehouse tools such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and dock levellers and using tools such as tape guns, cutting tools, plastic wrappers and pallet strapping tools. A windows PC and various printers will be used daily for shipping documents and labelling requirements. In-house software (Fishbowl) and various online shipping tools will also be used daily in addition to email and MS Office. Associates should be prepared to spend some parts of the day focussed on detailed computer work and the balance of moving about the warehouse and performing physical tasks.
- Prepare shipping documents as required for domestic and international customers using online tools. Documents will include shipping labels, commercial invoices, certificates of origin, packing lists and other customs documents as necessary.
- Prepare export documents for high-value international shipments using Canadian Export Reporting System (CERS).
- Prepare shipping documents manually as necessary for freight shipments following in-house templates.
- With support, troubleshoot shipment delays while in transit. Communicate with carriers, customs staff and customers to keep goods moving.
- Prepare boxes for shipping using packaging material on hand.
- Prepare pallet shipments for pickup. This includes palletizing boxes, wrapping, labelling and moving shipments to the loading dock for pickup.
- Coordinate outbound shipment pickups with couriers and freight forwarders to ensure goods leave as scheduled.
- Liaise with other departments, including sales, finance and production teams, to ensure no barriers exist to prevent goods from leaving on time.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Team to manage warehouse space and organize outbound shipments with inbound shipments so both can leave and arrive without interference.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Team to maintain a clean, safe and organized workspace.
- Order shipping supplies online from partners, monitor in-house supplies, and coordinate with Supply Chain to replenish.
- Occasional assistance to the production team may be required (assistance with packing or product labelling) to ensure a shipment can leave as scheduled.
While working independently on assigned tasks to meet daily, weekly and monthly shipping schedules, the shipping associate will troubleshoot and notify the Manager in a timely manner when barriers present that may require assistance or intervention. An example is the late arrival of finished goods or changes requested by other stakeholders that could jeopardize on-time shipping. Work cooperatively with teammates and build relationships with other departments to keep goods moving.
- College Diploma in a relevant area
- Familiarity with international shipping documents and incoterms
- Ability to shift directions with competing tasks while keeping daily schedules in focus
- Proficient in using Windows-based computers and software such as MS Office, Email and Teams. Ability to quickly learn and grasp in-house ERP software (Fishbowl) required.
- Ability to lift and move heavy packages
- Proven track record of clearly communicating information to problem solve with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to speak and write in English with proficiency, as the job requires regular communication by phone and email with external stakeholders. The ability to do this proficiently is directly related to the speed at which problems are resolved with shipments in transit.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package and an exciting and challenging environment.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.