Sales Account Executive – Key Verticals
Tallysman®, a Calian Company, is an Ottawa-based producer of products and components used for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). These include RF high-performance antennas and intelligent location-based wireless infrastructure solutions for tracking systems.
We are a fast-growing company selling globally into many vertical markets where GNSS solutions are valuable. These markets represent leading-edge applications of precise GNSS timing and location services including Precision Agriculture, Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics and the many applications of UAVs and Drones. Our Timing applications are essential to our networked world and include Renewable Power, financial transactions, 5G mobility and more.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Account Executive – Key Verticals with a minimum of ten (10) years of working experience. This senior position will be concerned with all aspects of sales from account planning, strategic market research, key customer sales, contract negotiation, and ongoing customer support. Typically, this will involve sales, via distribution channels or direct, to larger customers with more formal procurement practices.
The over-arching objective is the development of new business and ongoing maintenance of assigned accounts. You will be required to work closely with other members of our sales and marketing group, including the sales account director and sale administration staff. This position will be reporting to the VP of Sales – GNSS.
Qualified applicants must be creative, self-motivated, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The ability to learn and then work at a reasonable technical level in GNSS is necessary.
The position is based in Ottawa, Canada and will require global travel to support trade show exhibits and customer visits.
- Become knowledgeable about the company’s products and the vertical markets that we serve.
- Work with our VP of Sales – GNSS to support and grow business with Tallysman’s customer base in Key vertical markets.
- Be responsible for the Development of key assigned accounts within those vertical markets.
- Represent the Tallysman® brand
- Develop strong relationships with Tallysman® staff and be recognized as a key team contributor.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to master a high-level understanding of complex technology
- Experience with selling technology products to both technical and non-technical customers
- A proven ability to establish strong customer relationships is essential
- 10 years of experience selling to large corporations throughout the World
- A University degree in Engineering or Commerce would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages would be an asset.
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft office tools including Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to travel throughout the World
- Familiarity with GNSS applications industry would be an asset
- Ability to sell based on value
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package and an exciting and challenging environment.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.