Tallysman®, a Calian Company, is an Ottawa-based producer of products and components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). These include RF high-performance antennas and intelligent location-based wireless infrastructure solutions for tracking systems.
For more than 40 years, Calian has been solving the world’s most complex problems by pairing the brightest minds with powerful technology. Calian solutions impact the world; from the satellites in space that connect us to the farms that feed us, from the medical professionals who care for us to the governments, schools and companies that make the world better every day.
As an RF Engineer with the Tallysman GNSS Product Research and Development team, you will primarily be focused on electrical and electromagnetic characteristics and performance requirements, as well as mechanical and size considerations, both physical and with respect to electromagnetic interaction.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design and development of antennas, Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), analog circuits and transmit amplifiers
- Conceptualize novel configurations for antenna products related to mechanical precision, fabrication, and electromagnetic simulation
- Generate data sheets, tolerance estimation, characterization, and support for antenna production
- Research components, designs, and computer simulations for PCB and prototypes for LNAs
- Generate data sheets, test methods and systems, and support for LNAs production
- Design, simulate and test radiation and electrical characteristics of novel antenna structures
- Incorporate minimum cost mechanical structures convenient for manufacturing
- Design and simulate of LNAs for GNSS antenna optimization
- Design target specifications for new product developments
- Measure parameters to validate initial prototype performance
- Develop test plans for formal testing to demonstrate compliance with standards
- Create functional block requirements through analysis of product requirements and standards
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure optimum manufacturability
- Write technical papers, patent descriptions, and other documentation for our products
Education and experience:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years experience
- Experience in research and designing communication systems, antenna design, microwave design, or low noise amplifier design
- Experience in GNSS antenna designs, spiral antenna designs and phase array is an asset
- Experience with VNA, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, or anechoic chamber is considered an asset
- Familiarization with antenna responses in reflective environments
- Willing and able to travel internationally and adhere to international travel requirements as determined by the Government
Perks and benefits:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust benefits plan
- Generous time off package
- A balanced approach to work and life
- Stock purchase plan
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package and an exciting and challenging environment.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
To apply for this position online, please visit careers.calian.com. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.