Tallysman Wireless®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., is an Ottawa-based producer of antennas and R.F. components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Products.
The Production/Process Engineer independently applies his/her extensive knowledge for managing projects from the design stage to manufacturing, and support of products and tools in a manufacturing environment. This position works horizontally with all departments to ensure success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- NPI, alpha and Beta build processes, execution and reporting.
- A significant requirement of the Process Engineer’s role is to monitor production process performance through online tracking and enhance continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implements continuous improvement programs to drive up the yields.
- Maintain manufacturing process equipment (CNC Soldering, ultra-sonic welder, hand solder, torque drivers).
- Identify tooling and transport methods.
- Ability to design manufacturing process tooling and fixtures.
- Create and update SOPs standard operating procedures, work instructions, and visual aids for the soldering processes.
- Training and certification.
- Perform process validation.
- Identify suppliers for the fixtures while obtaining quotes and placing purchase orders.
- Perform qualification on new processes being introduced.
- Implement Engineering changes.
- Knowledge of SMT processes would be an asset.
- Support engineering initiatives in evaluating new equipment.
- Provide guidance to machine operators/production employees.
- Ability to look up data sheets or request data from suppliers or customers.
- Troubleshoot and analyze process performance problems and customer concerns.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Has authority and autonomy to deliver on accountabilities.
- Conduct independent research into complex engineering problems to develop new operating policies, capabilities, and processes.
- Participate in cost reduction.
Education and Experience:
- A background in the execution of “best practice” process control is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Process or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with product labeling is an asset.
- Experience with assembly procedures
- Experience with mechanical assembly in manufacturing
- Experience with implementing Engineering changes.
- Experience with mechanical repairs and rework.
- Experience with soldering equipment, ultr-sonic welders
- Experience in IPC-A-610
- Knowledge of PCB pad design and component pad layout able to identify ground plane issues.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
- A practical understanding of Quality Standard such as TL9000 and methodologies such as 5S, TQM and Lean Manufacturing would be an asset.
- Experience with Solidworks and Altium would be an asset.
- Experience with SPC Techniques, DFM and FMEA would be an asset
- University degree in Science or Engineering, or equivalent in experience.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package and an exciting and challenging environment.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.