GNSS/RF Antenna Sales Engineer
Tallysman Wireless®, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., is an Ottawa-based producer of antennas and RF components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) products.
We are currently seeking a motivated, entrepreneurial Sales Engineer for pre and post-sales customer support. After gaining familiarity with the Company’s GNSS Antenna and RF products and typical applications, the incumbent will be required to proactively provide customer application assistance and general technical support for product promotional purposes.
This position will require attendance at trade shows and customer visits, to support selling activities worldwide; the ability and willingness to travel internationally from time to time is, therefore, a must.
In-depth technical input will be available from the Company’s R&D design group to assist self-education and provide backup in challenging situations.
The candidate should be personable, have an awareness of RF, an interest in technology-based products, and build professional relationships with a wide range of customer personnel.
Duties and Specific Responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of why precision antennas are required and the reasons why Tallysman products are an excellent choice in the competitive GNSS market
- Become knowledgeable of usage nuances associated with antennas of all types, and the usage relevance of antenna specific parameters
- Freely communicate with customers to provide pre-sales engineering recommendations regarding antenna selection and usage
- Participate jointly with sales staff in conference calls, customer visits, and trade shows throughout the world
- Develop white papers/application notes and training modules for customer education and distributor training
- Liaise closely with design engineering when necessary to resolve more complex issues raised by customers
- Liaise with customers to resolve issues / coordinate return of products under RMA where required
- Maintain records of customer interactions with Customer Relationship Management software (CRM)
Skills and Capabilities
- Ideally, have strong technical capabilities and understanding
- have sufficient writing skills to author papers and articles
- Good interpersonal skills; a person who would enjoy working as a member of a successful sales group in a fast-growing company
- Good personal organizational and documentation skills
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office, Power Point, excel etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar in electrical engineering
- A minimum of 3 years working in a relevant field such as modern RF devices or GNSS positioning
- A basic awareness of the uses of RF instrumentation such as VNA’s, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers would be helpful
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.