Environmental Management System Coordinator
Tallysman® is an Ottawa-based producer of products and components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). These include RF and high-performance antennas and intelligent location-based wireless infrastructure solutions for tracking systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the incumbent will be responsible for rendering assistance as required and requested by the QA Department Staff. Typical activities are but not limited to:
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System creation, implementation, and documentation.
- ISO 14001 Internal Audits planning, execution and corrective actions follow up.
- Environmental laws (Local, Provincial and Federal) and regulations applicability analysis and implementation (electronics manufacturing plant focus).
- Environmental risk management system based on Flow Charts, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Control Plans.
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions metrics planning, implementation and reporting to customers and regulators.
- Customer Environmental requirements analysis, implementation and reporting.
- Supplier Environmental Compliance Monitoring (ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.) and Corrective Actions Follow-Up.
- Environmental aspects basic training development, deployment and recording for shopfloor operators.
- 5S Implementation program support in the manufacturing shop floor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree education.
- Three or more years of experience in Environmental Management Systems (Ontario Manufacturing Facility preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Advanced MS Windows environment skills.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced web browser or web-based software skills to find and enter information in
- Intranet systems and MS Teams (or similar).
- Willingness to learn new systems and activities and open to new ideas and suggestions.
- Positive attitude towards constant change in work systems.
- Positive customer service attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Self-control and temperance during stressful situations.
- 8-hour shift
Perks and Benefits
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package and an exciting and challenging environment.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.