Embedded Electronics Engineer
Tallymatics is a business unit of Tallysman Wireless, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company.
Tallymatics’ business is hardware and software for tracking applications that range from asset and personnel tracking to vehicle fleet management using GNSS over private and public (cellular) digital radio systems. This includes systems operating over Narrow Band LTE (Cellular) and a variety of two-way radio systems, including Motorola, Kenwood, Tait and Icom.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated electrical engineer to join our design team in Ottawa. This electrical engineer will have the primary task of software development of embedded system applications. This will be an active engineering role which will require innovation and close attention to detail. The candidate will have the opportunity to acquire new skills while engaging in core product application design. Electronic hardware design capabilities would be a significant asset.
Using a variety of software development tools suites, the candidate will be expected to develop new capabilities on embedded system platforms and support overall product test systems and operator configuration tool suites.
- Develop real-time mission-critical embedded applications for mobile telematics platforms
- Implement and maintain peripheral components including LTE cellular, GNSS, Wi-Fi, BLE, Ethernet, USB, CAN, Serial, and 1-Wire
- Code updates for proprietary Over the Air binary message protocols
- Extend platform capabilities related to operator behaviour and electronic logging
- Support full system product software development
Skills and Experience
- Expert with Embedded C/C# code development and coding practices
- Proficient with embedded software development tools, including Atmel Studio and MS Studio
- Development experience with FreeRTOS or similar
- Ability to read electronic schematics and component data sheets
- Familiar with EDA tools for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with Embedded Linux (Yocto) is considered an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to sense the importance/impact of issues and take appropriate actions
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- The ability to take a project from start to finish
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years of software coding/design engineering experience which may include co-op work experience.
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.