Tallysman Wireless®, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calian Group Ltd., is an Ottawa-based producer of antennas and R.F. components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Products.
We are currently seeking a motivated Documentation Specialist to control documentation for mechanical housings, fixtures, electronic schematics, methods and procedures, plus much graphical marketing collateral.
Ideally, the candidate would have some experience with a controlled documentation system and ideally might have other documentation skills, perhaps such as technical writing.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the incumbent will be responsible for rendering assistance as required by the QA Department Staff. Typical activities are, but not limited to:
- QMS Document Control – maintain integrity of the ISO 9001 documented quality management system by ensuring the most updated revisions are displayed. Update and maintain our QMS’s Master Document List (MS Excel)
- Engineering drawings organization – create and maintain a windows environment shared folder structure to organize and maintain engineering drawings (components and assembled products)
- Custom part forms – create custom part forms (MS Excel) to ensure non-standard customer requirements are captured, understood, and approved by the customer and Operations.
- Work instructions documentation – photograph and document current and new products manufacturing processes (MS Word)
- Sales documentation support – assist Sales and Marketing group in generating promotional documents, case studies, and brochures
- Product documentation maintenance – create and maintain a windows environment shared folder structure to organize and update product documentation (BOM’s, exploded views, datasheets, etc.)
- Datasheets creation and maintenance – create and maintain product datasheets (MS Excel) in coordination with Engineering, Sales and Marketing departments
- Inspection instructions documentation – photograph and document current and new products inspection processes (MS Word)
- Testing library update and maintenance – organize test results by product type and standard in the Testing Library Matrix (MS Excel)
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum bachelor’s or technologist degree with three or more years work experience
- Ideally, some experience working in a controlled documents environment
- Ideally, experience with intranet systems and MS Teams (or similar)
- Ideally but not necessarily, some technical writing experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Advanced MS Windows environment skills
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Advanced web browser or web-based software skills to locate and enter information
- Willingness to learn new systems and activities and open to new ideas and suggestions
- Positive customer service attitude towards internal and external customers
- The ability to take a project from start to finish
Tallysman is a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive industry. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and the ability to grow and be challenged in a supportive, collaborative environment. The business operates within Calian, Advanced Technologies, a business unit within Calian, Group Ltd., a publicly-traded company whose shares are on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSX:CGY.
Tallysman® Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested in this position? To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.